Wednesday, March 18

My Cheesecake!

All of you know I go gym, I like motorsports, but is anyone of you know I can bake cake as well? Ha ha ha... I think this will break many people's glasses. Actually I learnt how to bake cheesecake few years back when I was studying in Australia. Before that I really have no idea about cheesecake and to be honest I don't really like the taste.. until I met her, and I have decided to learn baking. So my journey started!
Most of you will think it is tough to learn how to make cheesecake - I don't agree. It is actually quite easy to bake them with limited tools.
How did I learn it?
Internet - you can find hundred of recipe over the internet, with step by step guideline I doubt you cannot follow it. Until today I have baked more than 30 cakes, and hardly failed - because it is really easy!
What equipments you'll need?
Blender - make sure you have an electronic one to ensure your hand won't become muscular.
Oven - a normal oven where you can adjust the temperature up to 250C is good enough.
Cake Mold - a small one with 6' inches diameter
Few bowls - your hourse already have some, so just use it!
Ingredients?
Below are the common ingredients that you will need, they can be found in all supermarts.
Creamcheese - the core ingredient for most of the cheesecake.
Mascarphone cheese - a must have if you want to make Tiramisu.
Thickened cream - this will serve as softener.
Whipping cream - a common softener
Egg white - plus the aroma for your cheesecake
Sugar - add some taste to it
Essence - the flavor varies from recipe
Biscuit - Oreo or other biscuits to serve as base
Unsalted butter - Mix with biscuits to serve as base
Gelatine - For making unbake cheesecake
With the above ingredients you can bake many type of cheesecakes.
For your information, there are 2 types of cheesecakes - baked and unbake cheesecake.
I will suggest beginner starting with unbake one because the success rate is highier(Just in case you overbake it...)
My CHEESECAKES!
Here are some of my cheesecakes for the past few years, I seldom bake any since I returned to Malaysia but I will try few new recipes soon!
My first cheesecake - Oreo Cheesecake, not too bad for the first time..lol
I made this for my birthday.. haha!
Banana cheesecake.. didn't cut it nicely but the taste was awesome!
Tiramisu - my first attempt for the most difficult cheesecake.
Tiramisu - My second attempt, it is really hard to make an autentic Tiramisu from Italy,
because you hardly can get the ingredients here - the Marsala wine. You can't eat this in normal bakery shop, not even Secret Recipe nor Coffee Bean! Tiramisu - the taste of LOVE.
Unbake Oreo - Screwed this up because forgot to put gelatine.
Mocha Cheesecake - Tasted like heaven!
Original Cheesecake - finally I understand how to bake it without refering to any recipe.
Icecream Blueberry Cheesecake!
And this.. one of the best looking cheesecake that I baked - the 2 in 1 cheesecake where baked cheesecake at the bottom, and unbake one at the top.
2 layers!
Perfect finishing with black chocolate as topping.
I know this is not healthy, but who cares? Eat it once a blue moon lah! lol
I will try to post more pictures next time!